Monday, May 16, 2011

Unemployed

Well it happened. I honestly did not expect it to happen for a bit longer. I do not think there was much I could do to keep it from happening, and yet it still feels odd.

For the first time in my short life, I have been laid off.

Now before you start feeling bad for me, let me run down some of the perks.

I have been able to spend all day with my son, which includes taking a nice long nap today. I get to spend a lot of time with my beautiful wife during the last couple months of carrying our twins. I get to spend a lot of time with all of my family before moving across the country. I was given severance from my company, and I will be able to collect unemployment.

So the phrase some might use for this situation is "Blessing in disguise", but it really did not disguise itself very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment