Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ode to my wife

I have been married to Emily for two years and 9 months. She has the patience and tolerance of various biblical figures combined. She finished school while taking care of our son while he grew from 6 months to 1 year old, all the while managing a household. She received little help from me during her last semester and the following 4 months while I studied for the GMAT. During the next year or so I am searching through jobs and finding a way to work for a smaller company than the massive machine that is Fidelity Investments. Once I do find a place with Lendio.com, we get comfortable with our life I bring up the idea of adding to our family. We both wanted our "2" children to be somewhat close in age. So while I am working on applications for business school which means that business school is about a year away, we bring on the challenge of another child. We find out Emily is pregnant in November and have our first appoint with the OB/GYN on January 6th, 2011. Turns out our perfect family of 4 is going to be 5. Emily had known this for the past month, due to her sickness and nausea being abnormally bad. I expected she was right, but guessing is a big difference from knowing. Twins is a huge shock, and  Emily has managed to maintain not just her sanity, but she still has the smile on her face.

When you think about what your dream spouse or significant other will be you usually have a few things in mind.
I knew that I wanted a gorgeous wife, which may sound wrong but it is honest. - Check (actually lets go with double check)
Athletic - Check
Kind - Check
Smart - Check (Not sure if I wanted someone smarter than me, but I got it)

After that my list goes pretty fuzzy. So I got everything I wanted in a spouse with Emily. And we have been married for nearly three years and I have noticed some characteristics that I did not plan for but love!

Her patience
Her faith
Her loyalty
Her principles
Her steadiness
Her honesty
Her frugality
Her competitiveness (not many people get to see that one)
Her style
Her wit
Her writing (such an amazing and useful skill)
Her sense of humor

There is much more that I could add to this list, but it still would not reflect all of Emily's great attributes. My future shows a lot of instability and chaos between the known items like having twins and a toddler, moving to MA, starting a two year MBA program. I am very thankful of Emily as my constant that I can hold on to during the rip-current of life.

1 comment:

  1. I love going about my day, remembering at random moments how much you love me. Of course, this picture you've painted might be a tad bit lovelier than the real deal... but perspective is everything, yes? Love you, handsome!

    ReplyDelete